About the gig
We are looking for a process-oriented senior engineer that is ready to lead a team by example. We are seeking a leader that can walk-the-walk and knows when and where to use a variety of solutions to solve hard problems. You will be expected to deliver great results and help mentor your team.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team-player. You will be a lead developer responsible for the development of new software products and enhancements to existing products. You should excel in working with large-scale applications and frameworks and have outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Develop and support software including applications, database integration, interfaces, and new functionality enhancements
- Coordinate cross-functionally to insure project meets business objectives and compliance standards
- Support test and deployment of new products and features
- Participate in code reviews
The experience we expect from a Senior Software Engineer:
- React (3-5 years)
- React Router
- Experience interfacing with REST API's
- Unit testing implementation
- Project and task time estimation
- Experience in React Native and Expo
- Knowledge of React Class Components and experience refactoring them to function components
- Familiarity with Laravel
- Node.js (any framework, Express, sails, etc)
- AWS deployment
- Mentoring other developers
This role is remote but US-based. We would prefer to hire applicants close to the Atlanta area, but will consider all qualified applicants in the United States.
A few of the perks:
- You will be eligible for our 100% covered health, dental, and vision
- Annual Bonus Structure
- 20 days of PTO a year + 10 Holidays per year
- You will have the opportunity to build and shape your own team with a leadership team that truly cares
- You will be joining a company experiencing rapid growth
- You will actually have decision-making power
Why we love working at Helium
Our motto is: be honest, take pride, and do amazing work. We put our team first and deliver results to our customers.
Helium was founded by friends. We believe in doing the right thing, treating people well, and building a company where we would want to work. We hire, promote, and reward based on performance. We don’t play politics or favorites. We work hard and have fun along the way.
We take a lot of pride in having worked with clients in a wide range of industries, including Healthcare, Retail, Field Service Management, and Sports Entertainment.
Ready to Join our team?
Submit your application here!